This one goes out to all my fellow IBSers. Because God knows you’ll be able to relate.
Ten things you’ll only know if you have IBS:
1. Where the nearest toilet is from your current location and all of those within a mile radius.
2. That those strange gurgles from your gut are a sure-fire sign that some IBS action is on its way and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.
3. How heartbreaking it is to be offered a seat on the train because someone has mistaken your IBS bloating for a pregnancy. Yep. We’ve all been there.
4. That it’s NOT just IBS. It’s a chronic condition which is a literal pain in the ass to live with.
5. And that it’s so much more complex than just an upset stomach.
6. How to skim read ingredient lists and to pick up quickly on trigger foods.
7. How much of a nightmare it is to go out for dinner and order a dish straight off the menu without making any changes. This never happens.
8. That draining, lethargic feeling that follows you around everywhere.
9. The constant circular pattern of stress bringing on your IBS symptoms and then the IBS symptoms making you stressed. Agin and again and again.
10. That there’s really no cure and you have to figure out what helps you all by yourself.
Got any others to add? Drop ’em below.
Read More About My Struggle with IBS: