Sometimes in life you’re lucky to work side-by-side with someone who’s passionate, driven, determined and super creative, which spurs you on. Sometimes in life you’re lucky enough to become work besties with that person. This post is an ode to mine, Sanj, who’s kept me sane for over 7 years and who’s off to have a baby, basically abandoning me for a year. *sobs*
Here are the reasons why I believe everyone should have one, and why my work bestie rocks:
1. They will forever have your back in any situation.
2. You can spend a full 5 minutes ranting about that email that pissed you off, without any judgement.
3. They send flowers with a gorgeous note when you’re doubting yourself and your abilities.
4. Proving they love Bloom & Wild as much as you do.
5. When they ask “what are you up to this weekend?” or “did you have a good weekend?” you know they genuinely care about the answer.
6. They know the intricate workings of your family and friend group.
7. They feed you regularly – check out K.O Rasoi for beautiful food and prepare to feel hungry.
8. And give you cooking tips when you’re trying to follow a recipe but don’t have the exact ingredients.
9. They make you smile. Always.
10. They love sharing cute animal videos as much as you do.
11. They will tell you exactly what you need to watch next on Netflix. And no Sanj, I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to watch Chef’s Table!
12. They inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
13. And don’t laugh at your ambitions, instead encourage you to grab life by the balls.
14. They’re the ones you speak to outside of work because you can’t not share that picture of your bunny’s fluffy butt.
15. When you need to soften up a grumpy email reply, they’re the ones who takeover the keyboard.
16. They not only come to celebrate your wedding but bring a flippin’ amazing tropical, rum-infused wedding cake to boot.
17. You have a cheerleader with you, five out of seven days a week.
My work bestie, Sanj, has been my absolute rock and I’m so excited to share this next chapter with her.
Here’s to you lady.