I was pretty chuffed to read that Sarah Mariett had nominated me for the Liebster Awards. So, in honour of her nomination, I’ve answered her eleven questions below.
1. Who are your favourite public figures? (bloggers, YouTube, Celebrities)
In terms of celebs I love Emma Stone, Emma Watson and Kate Upton for all being positive role models in a weird world where every young girl wants her 5 minutes of fame. On the blogging side, I regularly read both Lily Pebbles
and Vivianna Does Makeup
‘s blogs and watch their YouTube videos.
2. How long have you been blogging for?
I’ve just checked this back and it turns out I started in January 2009 and this is my poor attempt of a first post
. I started blogging so I could stop boring my family with my incoherent ramblings about the latest items I’d spent my student loan on. It kind of took off from there really and is still, to this day, an outlet for my incoherent ramblings. It’s just that now alongside trends, items I want, and what I’m wearing, I also post about home ware, my IBS (sexy) and anything else along the way.
3. Where do you want to go with your blog? (professional or just a diary)
I want my blog to continue being an outlet for whatever crazy shiz is going on in my head. And I never want it to lose it’s fun or passion. Whether it continues as a hobby or one day turns into my profession, who knows.
4. What tags or awards have you ever been nominated for?
I feel like I’ve been tagged for another blog awards before but it was so long ago, I can hardly remember.
5. One piece of advice for your 12 year old self
Not to sweat the small stuff. Just take every opportunity that comes your way and enjoy it, worry later. Wait, can I cheat and have two? If so, I’d also tell my 12 year-old self not to pluck her eyebrows, just to embrace their bushy self. Natural eyebrows will become popular one day.
6. Favourite event ever attended
Blogging-wise it has to be when I attended my first LFW show for Preen. Being surrounded by beautiful clothes that I could only ever dream of owning was magical. Non-blogging related, it has to be attending Latitude festival every summer for the past three years. It has a definite indie-hippie vibe which I’m all over.
7. Favourite time of year
Autumn. As soon as the weather starts to get chilly, the leaves start falling and I get to layer up in my winter coats, scarf, hat and gloves.
8. Link the blog post you’re most proud of
I’m most proud of speaking up about IBS (My Irritable Gut and I
) and making others aware of an incredibly common gut issue. It’s by no means sexy but something that I feel I have to address.
9. 3 facts about yourself
I can touch my tongue to my nose. That’s my party trick right there.
I bake a mean chocolate cake.
I am obsessed with one day being able to afford and own the famous Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Satin Pump
in cobalt blue.
10. Something you’re looking forward to
Christmas. Always Christmas. Any excuse to spend time with my family. Plus, who doesn’t love opening presents.
11. Do you collect anything?
Shoes and handbags. What can I say.
So, your questions are:
1. Who are your favourite bloggers and why? (I need some new reads)
2. How long have you been blogging for, and what made you start?
3. Most treasured item you own
4. One piece of advice for your younger self
5. Favourite event ever attended
6. Favourite time of year
7. Link the blog post you’re most proud of
8. 3 facts about yourself
9. Something you’re looking forward to
10. Do you collect anything?
Leave your link in the comments below for me to check out.