September was bloody brilliant apart from a small blip, where Al had to have half his little toe amputated two days before his birthday. Despite the blip, we had the best month celebrating his 30th birthday.
Here are my highlights.
1. We hit the less-than-a-year countdown to our wedding in Antigua. Shiz just got real people.
2. I took Al away for a belated birthday weekend at Longleat where we fell in love with anteaters, came face-to-face with a gorgeous rhino and got to spend the entire weekend together.
3. Spending another weekend with Al, our besties in my favourite place, Mudeford. It was the weekend of dreams, crab fishing and slobbing.
4. I got to meet and cuddle my freshest honorary nephew and hang out with his super-cool older brother.
5. I found and immediately fell for House of Holland’s Thunder Gold Glitter Boots. They are so, so dreamy.
6. I wrote a post dedicated to 10 Things You Shouldn’t Say to Someone with IBS and received an overwhelming amount of love on Twitter from the gut health community. You guys really rock.
7. I admitted that my baby FOMO is real and started freaking all of my friends and family out with my dramatic change of heart.
8. Strictly’s back on telly, meaning I won’t be leaving my sofa on a Saturday night for the next 10 weeks or so. God damn I love sequins.
9. I went on a whirlwind trip to Dubai for work and ate the best hummus and biryani of my life. Not at the same time, I should add.
10. We found a venue for our UK wedding reception which if I look past its flaws in the daylight, will suit our needs for a big shindig.
Want more, find out The 10 Best Things That Happened in August.
Got your own September highlight, drop it below.